Merrier, Marriage and Mirage


Assalamu’alaikum warahmatullahi wabarokatuh and a very good evening to Inia’s Legacy // Warisan Inia blog readers. How are you? Today is the  second day of  June 2012 and its the starting of Week Number 1 for “My 12 Weeks Journal” in REAL Sahabat SERU programme in University of Malaya.

~ Merrier~
·         What I have learnt about myself this week?

 This month is a crucial month for University of Malaya’s students as this is the time  where FINAL EXAMINATIONS will take place. As for me, I will have 4 papers for the first week and another 2 papers in the second week of the month. Worries? YES, I am anxious indeed. I have learnt about myself that I lost sleep quite often during the study week (28 May – 3 June) and to make myself in high spirits, I made a few phone calls to my buddies whom I didn’t contact for quite sometimes in my phone lists. My birthday was on 27th May (Happy Birthday to me~~ hehe ;D ), which was on last Saturday where as a Maxis mobile phone user, I got the whole day of free calls to all Maxis numbers on my birthday. Well, I contacted a few friends/ family members to cheer myself and it worked.
  

Apart from that, my roomates made a cute birthday card for me and we went out to Pusat Perubatan Universiti Malaya (PPUM) or the University Malaya Medical Centre by walking (we decided to walk as a form of exercise and we want to release our tension a little) and ate a slice of cake each person in Secret Recipe. Well, that’s the nearest cake house to 5th Residential College. You guys want to know how to get to the Secret Recipe? Okay, you will need to go to Medic faculty, go to the Medic Library, walk straight to the hallway until you find yourself at an ICU unit. You’re in the hospital already. Take the elevator, down to Ground level, the cake house is at the lobby.  

Nyum, nyum... enough for the delicious cake and for this examination, I’ll do my best! I am nervous, so I heal myself spiritually by reciting Juz Amma’ a few times this whole week because it will reminisce my childhood memories of been to Farhu Ain’ Quran classes while I was 8 years old where the whole class will recite together Juz Amma’ where for me, it was a sweet memory of time and it reliefs my stress too. And for my beloved readers, what ever you do in life, DON’T FORGET TO GET PARENTS’ BLESSINGS upon you. If you still have your parents, call them and ask for their forgiveness, get them to pray for your success, insyaAllah it will cool you down a bit, regardless of what faith you are holding. J

~Marriage~
·         What functions did I attend this week?
      I believe that you have your best friends, regardless how many of them. Be it, one, two , tree, or thirty, name it. For me, currently I have four best friends and we have been together since fourteen years old. One of my best friend that I have known since I was 11 years old, get married today. I went to Melaka with my other two best friends (one is studying overseas, so she couldn’t come). We went there this morning by car, my friend who is working in the UM laboratory fetched me in UM at 8 o’clock and we went to Sungai Besi to take my other friend, where from there we went to Kuala Sungai Baru, Melaka. We arrived there at 11 o’clock. She was wearing her white bride gown with white headscarft and her husband is a Navy (Not Naavi of the Avatar okay... ;P hehe). One thing that is interesting about marrying a Navy is that, there will be a ceremony of the bride and bridegroom walking under swords hold by some ‘naviens’ what I called them ;P, and believe me, it was a cool moment. I realised that my friend had married properly and I feel merrier that moment. Oh man, when is my turn?? :P  The best part was that I had to know her university’s friends (she went to different university) and they took Bachelors of Education taking Teaching English as a Second Language as well. So we took each other’s contact number and walla! Networking happened. ;P

·         What lessons did I get from reading this week?

I remember reading this novella (it is called novella because the story is longer than a short story and shorter than a novel, thus it is called as a novella) when I was in secondary school, titled “Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde”, where it was a simplified version to be read. I read this 88 pages novella again, where the language was definitely for not the beginner level. It took me quite a while to understand the plot, the language was very British and ‘oldies’ as well. Want to know what this story is all about? Imagine that you are now broke (well, as a student, we always broke isn’t it (-.-‘) – except to those who has their side income coming in of course ;P), with RM0.50 in your purse/wallet. Suddenly you see a girl of 4 years old holding a RM100 note with no one around and you were thinking “I want to have that money. Can I just slap the little girl and take the money and run away?”. Well, this is definitely an evil thought right? And as a fine person, you won’t do like what you have thought just now right?
Now, imagine that evil thought could be separated from your body and became alive, physically separate from yourself now, as you, but a more evil person who will do what you thought just now. Well, that’s what we call as ‘split personality’. Dr. Jekyll made an experiment in chemical portions and successfully separate himself as another person – an evil side of himself called Mr. Hyde. What happened was that Mr. Hyde made crimes and transformed to Dr. Jekyll to hide himself (well, he is Dr. Jekyll anyway). Dr. Jekyll good friend, Mr. Enfield, a lawyer was curious about Dr. Jekyll ‘absence’ and thought that Mr. Hyde do something bad to him. Well, I encourage you guys to read the whole story as it carries the lessons of sanity, good versus evil, and for me, it carries the meaning of us human has our own personalities. Sometimes we tend to pretand in front of other people’s presence and be an absolutely different person when being alone (or on the phone, hehe). As a person who live in a society, we need to know ourselves and be adaptable to our environment/ society. Like one of a Malay saying of when you go into a goats herd, you sounds and act like one, and vice versa to whoch animal you wish to change in this context. Be adaptable I can say, and you’ll be just fine. J   
For your information, this book is not expensive at all. It was affordably cheap and could be bought at the price of RM7.90 (yes folks, it’s cheaper than our mobile prepaid credits of RM10 for a good literature story! ;D). Where to buy it? Here: à Book Xcess. Located at Level 3 in Amcorp Mall, next to Taman Jaya LRT station, 1 station from Universiti LRT station (the fare is only RM0.70 folks! >.< ). For book lovers, lots of good books could be obtained in a surprising affordable price. Lets go! >o<  


·         What did I learn from any audio or visual materials this week?

This week, I encountered this comic strip which I found very interesting. It’s about KHUSYU’ in SOLAH/ prayers. I have translated into English for everyone to read, regardless of what first language are you using.

For Moslems, solah is the most crucial in our life. Performing it is another story, becoming khusyu’ is another story. Khusyu’ in solah is one of my weakness while performing solah. As a student, we do have lots of tasks to do , be it assignments, tasks, group discussions, college’s projects, university’s projects or event faculty projects and sometimes our schedules are tight where we need to think many things in our mind. Sometimes, when performing solah, we might be thinking of an assortment of thoughts like picture above. We need to stay focus in performing it. One tips that I read before is that, imagine while you are performing, at your right side is the angels taken all your deeds you are doing, and imagine about jannah on that side too, while on your left side lays the syaitaans telling you to do bad things with the hell on that left side of your too. And in front, imagine that you are praying in front of Allah, be  modest and made duaa’ that our solah is accepted by Allah. When I tried this tips, yes, I can perform my prayers better and sometimes when I forgot to imagine that, I started to be like ones in the picture, distracted.

·         What activities did I do this week and what are the lessons that I learned?

As this is the study week for University of Malaya, activities that I did mostly out of studying. One thing for sure for this week is that, Wi-Fi connection was good (I seldomly got Internet access in my hostel room in KK5) because on the Friday, 25th May, students started to flew off from UM to their respective hometown. Some were seen to bring their stuffs at the bus stop waiting for taxis to load their boxes of personal belongings as the end of semester will come to us just around the corner. So, one lesson that I learnt was that during study week, it was like a ‘festive’ season for students to go back to their hometown before the exam. For some students, they can study in their hometown but not for me. J However, I do missed my family a lot and I called my little brother, my little sister and my mother quite often throughout this week when I feel stressed and asked for my parents blessings upon my studies, insya-Allah. Another 2 weeks to go back for a while to my parents’ house! You can do it Inia!


            Apart from that, I did have meeting for SIFE (Student In Free Enterprise) on Tuesday the 29th to discuss about our upcoming competition deadlines of projects (Our National competitions with other local universities will be in early July 2012 and to the university who will make it to the Final will compete with other universities around the world in SIFE World Cup, which will be held in Washington D.C.). We, SIFE Universiti Malaya will represent University of Malaya in two projects, insya-Allah: One, recycling of cooking oil, and Two, UM Decomposing Site awareness. I have been selected to be a presenter for our presentation in front of the judges and I’m actually quite nervous about it. Need to prepare more on my oral English so that the presentation would be clear and to the point. ;) I do hope everything will go well. Until then my readers, see you again later on my next post! ;D

Assalamualaikum and GOOD LUCK in our FINAL EXAMs!

2 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum Coach! (remember, I'm ur kuih koci?) XD

    I'd like to add something in the solah section. One tips to get khusyuk in our solah is to understand the meaning of all the 'bacaan'. :)

    All the best for your 2nd year ahead. With love, Ellya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam warhmatullah!

      Thanks for visiting! ;D Yup, thank you for your comment ;D

      Good Luck to you too :D

      Delete